Asmodus Snow Wolf

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews' started by BombVapes, Nov 30, 2015.

1. BombVapes

BombVapes Vendor

[​IMG]

Hello folks! Thank you for joining me on another BombVapes review. Today has me taking a quick look at the Asmodus Snow Wolf 200w Temperature Control Mod from GearBest.com.

Device: Asmodus Snow Wolf
    Supplier: GearBest.com
    Price: $87.83
    Shipping: Free from either China, USA, EU, or HK warehouse

From the collective minds of both Sigelei and Asmodus comes the Snow Wolf, a 200w temperature controlling beast. With black glass front and rear panels wrapped in a stainless steel bezel, the Snow Wolf sure is a thing of beauty, but how does this untamed creature hold up to a little scrutiny?

The device itself ships in a small, matte black box, emblazoned with the shimmering silver head of a wolf that looks as though it's ready to pounce. On the back of the box you get a few hardware stats, such as size, power, weight etc. as well as some well-advised cautionary measures. Hopefully you can make those out in the photo below (click to enlarge).

Click here to read the full review...

zephyr likes this.
  2. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Really interesting review. I don't think it'd suit me, though - it sounds way too heavy for me! Are there any similar mods out there you'd recommend instead?

BombVapes likes this.
  3. BombVapes

BombVapes Vendor

The iPV3 Li isn't far off in terms of features and price. It's a shedload better than the Snow Wolf too, in my opinion.
    My review of the iPV3 Li - http://www.bombvapes.co.uk/2015/08/pioneer4you-ipv3-li.html

4. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Heard that the V2 is coming out soon and from the look of the pictures I've seen it's got a massive color screen on the side!

5. BombVapes

BombVapes Vendor

Aye, the v2 looks pretty sweet.

zephyr likes this.
  6. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried one yet? Haven't managed to get my hands on one :D

7. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

From everything I have seen, the Snow Wolf V2 is still a pre-order only item at this point.

8. BombVapes

BombVapes Vendor

Wouldn't mind giving it a shot when it lands. I wanted to like the 1.5, but those few little issues kept niggling at me.

Jeff likes this.
  9. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

and
    and
    @BombVapes @vanguardsmoke @zephyr Maybe, just maybe with Ceramic cCell Coils becoming available and how fast the vaping industry is coming out with better gear, that I might just look into this as a starting point for TC Vaping. I am still unsure if that is what I would prefer, but this combination of gear Snow Wolf V2 and Ceramic cCell Coils along with my Aspire Triton tanks might just be a nice starting point.

I can see how a Ceramic cCell Coil could possibly change TC compared to the non-ability of OCCs
    (Organic Cotton Coils) to do this. Obviously this is still a ways off, as sensors in the ceramic and sensor connections from the Sub-Tank to the Mod Box would still have to be figured out, but I see this as a step in the right direction.

10. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Seems reasonably priced compared to similar mods. Cool wolf too.

11. kris truemanecig