Recommend me a box!

Discussion in 'Box Mods' started by chubba, Nov 9, 2015.

1. chubba

chubba Rookie

Hey all, I have been using an iStick for the last couple of days but a buddy of mine has a box mod and says that is what I need for bigger clouds. What sort of box mod should I get?

2. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Which box mod you get is really up to you. As long as you choose something that will work safely with your atty. Your atty, airflow, eJuice and wattage/voltage will be a much bigger factor in your vapor production than the part that holds the batteries (box mod). The only advantage that one box mod has over another is VV/VW/TC (Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage/Temperature Control). Temperature Control is farily new and I personally am staying away from it for awhile. I am currently using a Cherry Bomber for my mech mod and an Eleaf iStick 100W for my regulated mod. My atties are a Wotofo Lush RDA and an Aspire Triton RTA. I am currently using the premade .3 Ohm coil in the Triton and getting great flavor and vapor production.

3. Reviewalot

Reviewalot Rookie

Hi Jeff,Are you still using your cherry Bomber?
    I have a couple of mech mods,Dimitri (Midnight edition),Penny mod and a Nemesis which I barely use.More into my VV^VW,just started using TC on my Sigelei 150W TC with nicrome builds.Would you move over to TC?

#3 Reviewalot, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  4. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Yes, I am still using the Cherry Bomber as my only mech mod. I mostly use an Eleaf iStick 100W. I like the VV/VW. I am not ready to make the jump to TC yet. I am unsure of the "system" used to determine temperature (equation vs sensor) at this point and am going to wait before deciding if I am going to try it. Maybe, if they were using sensors to determine temperature at this point, I might be more inclined to try it, but like with all "new things" I prefer to wait and read some reviews first. My current gear does what I want, so I am not in a hurry to run out and buy a new shiny at this point.