eVic VT temp control

Discussion in 'Box Mods' started by Milky, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Milky

Milky Rookie

Got a eVic VT last week to try some temp control as everyone is talking about it. The mod is great for kanthal builds but having issues with temp control. It is always showing "protection" after just a few draws on it. Anyone else had issues with it?

2. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey @Milky,

I've heard a few people are having problems with the TC on the eVic VT, apparently it works better with titanium coils but I've not had any issues except the temperature reading seems a bit off. I normally vape at 420-460F but the sweet spot with the eVic seems to be 500F!

You could try this: ensure the coil and eVic VT unit are at room temperature then lock the resistance to give the eVic VT a baseline coil resistance to work with.

At 450F and 35w, I was getting a lovely flavorful vape with the Ego One Mega tank and 0.2ohm Ni coil.

BombVapes likes this.
  3. BombVapes

BombVapes Vendor

I've got one, but haven't had much use out of it as the button constantly gets stuck.

I second what Zephyr says; make sure you've locked in your coils resistance at room temperature.

4. VapeMinion

VapeMinion Rookie

The Evic-VT is known to have this issue. Even though it is in temp control mode, ensure that your coil is at least .05 ohm....if not a little higher. Yes, the Evic is a temp control device, but it still relies on the resistance of a coil to fire safely.