Tobacco, eCig laws take effect on New Year’s Day; Hawaii first state to raise legal age to 21

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Jeff, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Tobacco, eCig laws take effect on New Year’s Day; Hawaii first state to raise legal age to 21
    excerpt from above:
    On January 1, 2016, new tobacco laws will prohibit anyone under 21 years of age from buying tobacco and e-cigarette products in Hawaii.

Hawaii is the first state in the nation to raise the minimum age to 21 (Act 122).

A second measure restricts the use of e-cigarettes in all locations where smoking is illegal (Act 019).

“Raising the minimum age as part of our comprehensive tobacco control efforts will help reduce tobacco use among our youth and increase the likelihood that our keiki will grow up tobacco-free,” said Governor Ige in June.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    AGAIN, you can not vape (or smoke), but you can go to boot camp, learn to kill and possibly get killed while serving your country at the age of 18. All of this while being denied by your country/state the right to smoke, drink, vape....

AGAIN, it is obvious that YOUR HEALTH really is not the big issue. I do not see any politicians trying to raise the minimum age to serve in the military.

gloria likes this.
  2. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

I wonder if they'll up Selective Service to 21 too?

Just Me likes this.