Pelosi Lauds Dems For Killing Rider That Would’ve Saved E-Cigarette Industry From Prohibition

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Jeff, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Pelosi Lauds Dems For Killing Rider That Would’ve Saved E-Cigarette Industry From Prohibition

Some more political crap, some more reasons to get involved with Advocacy Groups and some more reasons to pay attention to who to vote for and then make sure you go to the polls on your local city, county, state and federal voting issues.

excerpt from above linked article:

But Pelosi celebrated the rider’s exclusion from the omnibus bill, declaring “No GOP Rider Providing A Big Gift to the Tobacco Industry.”

Many pro-vaping advocates took the exact opposite view, arguing the regulations will bump up the profits of tobacco companies by leaving them with a monopoly on the one percent of the market still left in tact.

Republican lawmakers were exasperated by their rivals’ obstinance. “This is important to me because I vape, that’s how I planned to quit smoking,” said Rep. Duncan Hunter of California. “This is a BS deal,” Hunter added.

After the rider was scrapped, the Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association said the fight to save e-cigarettes wasn’t over but said, “we are anticipating many threats to consumer access to e-cigarettes and other low-risk, smoke-free products at the state and local levels.”

“There are millions of vapor consumers in the US, all of whom must become engaged if we hope to preserve access to these life-saving products.”
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

#1 Jeff, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    zephyr likes this.
  2. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Pelosi has never been my favorite politician...

3. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

It feels like the storm clouds are gathering.