Media Are Distorting Dubious Study Claiming E-Cigarettes Can Cause Cancer

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Jeff, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Media Are Distorting Dubious Study Claiming E-Cigarettes Can Cause Cancer

excerpt from link above: "In this particular study, it was similar to someone smoking continuously for hours on end, so it’s a higher amount than would normally be delivered,” said Wang-Rodriguez. So in no way does the study reflect how e-cigarettes are used by vapers in the real world."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Just shows that money and the powers that be can make "science" say anything that they want it to.

zephyr likes this.
  3. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Properly conducted scientific tests can cost a fortune. The money to pay for them has to come from somewhere, and it's unusual in that business (or any, for that matter) to find some altruistic millionaire willing to pay.

But also, the media aim to write attention grabbing headlines (again, because that's where the money is) and often these headlines are only vaguely related to the subject of the article: it's clickbait, nothing else. One I came across the other day is here from a British tabloid. The headline is 'EXCLUSIVE: Two teens among five corpses found under Lord Sugar firm's luxury development', which sounds very much like he's been killing people and burying them there. Actually it's about five Roman skeletons found as part of a standard rescue archaeological dig.

zephyr likes this.