75% of Americans Believe Everything They Read

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Jeff, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

75% of Americans Believe Everything They Read
    excerpt from link above: “I can't stress how important it is to double check facts that you read. If you don't, you could end up believing anything – and then just think how stupid you could end up looking.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Arkel

Arkel Moderator

That is true, evidently people are filled with hatred from just reading what writers write, they could be paid to stir the pot and vice versa. A good example is this:

There is another video out there where a white girl pulls to the side and makes threats to a man for looking "muslim" and called him isis, and threatened him. It shows that the media is so corrupt, and that you can't simply trust an article, you have to work for the truth and to do that, look up multiple articles and think for for yourself, don't let the writers think for you.

3. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

This is true. I have noticed that since I've started reading more on the Internet, I've begun believing almost everything, quickly switching my beliefs to fit the new things that I've read.

Arkel and zephyr like this.
  4. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

I have to fact check every day, as it's one of the main points of my work. It's amazing how many people - including professionals - don't bother (or think that Wikipedia holds the answers), and continue spouting the same misinformation. What really irritates me is when this is then passed down to children (particularly by misinformed teachers), who by their nature accept it as fact. So the spiral continues. If people could employ their brains for just a minute, the world would be a happier, and better informed, place to live.

zephyr and Jeff like this.
  5. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

I really like this expression!

Arkel, Just Me and zephyr like this.
  6. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreed!!

Jeff likes this.
  7. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Thanks!

Jeff likes this.
  8. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

This is one of the worst byproducts of the information age. There is so much info at our fingertips, but people still want the quick, easy answer.