Vaping Stores vs. Online Shopping

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Up In Vape, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Does anyone here shop at vaping stores in real life? I have tried, but the prices are just too high compared to shopping online.

2. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Sorry for the double post...

zephyr likes this.
  3. Mec

Mec Rookie

My two local vape stores have a lot of specials on their juice but, I haven't bought anything from them but juice since my first box mod ... they just cost to much. Paid $90 to start and found it online for $47. Only thing I don't like purchasing on the net is from drop shippers. Takes FOREVER to receive your order. Others that actually stock a product ... 2-3 days. Huge thumbs up to eclyp.com and liionwholesale.com. 3 days or less!! Just a very, very happy customer.

sarahs_song and zephyr like this.
  4. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

I prefer buying juices in person, because at stores it's generally possible to try them first. A number of times I've spent a fortune on juices online, only to find I don't like any of them once I've tried them, and ended up giving them away. But once I've found a juice I like, I'll buy it online if I find it cheaper there. The other thing is I quite like supporting the smaller companies where I can, and they tend to have shops rather than an online presence.

Jeff, Up In Vape and zephyr like this.
  5. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Have merged the threads ;)

I pretty much always shop online now. There's no good vaping store anywhere near me and I do get the best choice and price online

6. Mec

Mec Rookie

I agree and that's why I support my local stores. Just not equipment. Paid $14.99 each for efest IMR 18650 (3000mAh @3.7v) then bought 6 more online at $6.99 each, free case for each pair, free shipping and no sales tax. Really kind of a no brainer if you can wait a few days. Two new drip tips at $11.00 each ... really, online for $1.68 ...

Love the local juice ... just not gonna buy equipment unless I need it "right now".

Jeff, Just Me and zephyr like this.
  7. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

That is a good point. it is always good to try before you buy.

8. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Yeah, unless it was an emergency (like when I'm travelling) I'd much rather buy equipment online. You get a better choice then as well.

9. Mec

Mec Rookie

Think I may have just got burned by 3fvape.com, ordered $$$$ on Christmas day and have not received anything. Although I get multiple emails from them. And being stupid ... ordered from the again .... still nothing but a lot of emails that they are on their way ... slow boat from ...

This morning my debit card had been hacked ... cancelled, waiting on new one, and still no shipping info ...

$250.00 down the drain ...

Be Very Careful out there ...

#9 Mec, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  10. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

I had an order a few months ago from 3fVape.com. I followed the tracking and it ended at US Custom and never went any further. I waited 6 weeks. Finally I started any email conversation and tracking # references with them. Ultimately, they stood up and mail a replacement to my order, which I received within 7 days. Their customer service is not the greatest, but they did get things taken care of. I hope all works out for you. To answer the un-asked question: YES, I will do business with them again, but expecting delays and other possible issues.

RaphaelBowles likes this.
  11. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Just for note: I also prefer the prices of buying online and I understand that I need to order certain things in advance so that I will have them in my hands before I need them (i.e. Flavor Extracts/Concentrates). I do not like the prices of my local B&M compared to online shopping. However, I do have a basic 'rule' about local B&M shops: 1) If the specific B&M is a strong advocated for vaping then I support them with a small purchase (bottle of eJuice) at least once a month. 2) If the specific B&M is just in business to make money of the latest vaping trends then I avoid supporting them altogether.

I do not like greedy shops that just want the fast buck. I do support and advocate locally, so I will support those businesses that do. This is just a theoretical idea, as it applies to buying cars, guns and anything of social conflict. There are gun shops and car dealers that I 'flat out' refuse to go to, no matter how good their holiday sale is.

12. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

I've had slow delivery from them too :(
    It DID get here eventually though

13. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Do you think the card hack was a result of using it with them?

I've never ordered from them, but have they given you a tracking reference or anything? If not, you could try and get one?

I hope your stuff turns up soon. Hopefully it's just the holiday madness that has slowed everything down.

14. kris truemanecig

New here,I think onlone or at shop is up to different factors,I am not very sure..o_O

15. Mec

Mec Rookie

Not at all. I paid them via PayPal and that wasn't the problem. Just kinda everything all happened on the same day and was/is very frustrated (/end rant). It's only been a couple weeks so, I'll be patient. e-Mail reply said "sorry to keep you long waiting" will ship soon so, no tracking numbers yet.

zephyr and Just Me like this.
  16. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Hope it comes soon!

17. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

Let us know when it eventually arrives. Maybe we should start a thread for 'worst delivery offenders', or something?

zephyr likes this.
  18. kris truemanecig

Hope it coming sooner..

19. Mec

Mec Rookie

Update ... 3fvape shipped on the 12th of January and it got held up in customs until 5:34 on the 27th. Should receive it before the weekend ... I did send an email to them asking about shipment and they responded a couple hours later about it getting held up in customs and it cleared two hours later ... go figure.

3fvape.com is a good company to deal with (and about the best price anywhere) ... just allow a "lot!!" of shipping time. They dropship from the factory in China (i.e. Original product) but it does take time. It takes fooooorevvver to process through Chicago. Should have shipped it through Texas first :), I'd have had it two weeks ago ...

20. CrownRock

CrownRock Rookie

I must live in a good area. I've never bought online, because out of the three shops I frequent, one has about the same prices for both juice and equipment I can find online, another is usually about 10-15% lower than that, and the third has a house juice that I just can't quit, especially at $35 for a 270ml bottle.
    That, and I've become great friends with the people running the first two shops.
    The cheaper one is actually a tobacco shop franchise that's just jumping on the bandwagon. The owner is a greedy jerk, but he's good at what he does. The prices are stupid low, and he's got some great employees, so it's worth supporting them.