Need help in answering this question........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Daren M, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Daren M

Daren M Rookie

Hi all, I run a vape shop in the UK, we have a 16 year old daughter who is struggling to find a part time job to fit around her college courses. The question I have is can she work behind the counter and sell E-Cigarette/vaping products as long as she doesn't sell the liquid that contains nicotine ??????
    I've not found any info on this, only the age limitations of who can use and buy these products

Thanks

Daren

2. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Daren,

Interesting question! I'm not sure on the legalities in the UK but I don't see a problem with it! :D
    Is the legal smoking age over there still 16? Not sure if that would affect it but if there are no laws yet in place then surely it would be ok? Maybe someone else can help me out here?

3. Daren M

Daren M Rookie

Hi Zephyr, they've changed the age to 18 now. I've just been chatting to a customer about it as well. It's probably similar to someone who is underage and works in a bar/pub. It's illegal to sell alcohol, but is it legal for them to sell soft drinks ???
    If my daughter worked in a store across here called Maplins (Electrical gadgets) she could sell all the components to make all these box mods

4. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

It's a strange gray area by the sounds of it. If there's no definite legislation in place then surely it shouldn't be an issue?

Up In Vape likes this.
  5. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Governments, Laws and Policies frequently do not make sense. You are correct in that your daughter could sell/buy the individual parts, but not the "whole item". The whole item has a specific purpose which is governed by Laws and Policies, while selling/purchasing the individuals parts could apply to a lot of things. Basically, she can go sell barrels, bottles or grain, but not whiskey itself.

Up In Vape likes this.
  6. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

That is very interesting to know. You are right about laws not making sense.

zephyr and Jeff like this.
  7. Just Me

Just Me Motivated

I suppose the distinction is that you'd need much more skill and dedication to make something from scratch than you would just buying it ready made? Or is that applying too much logiv to the situation?!

8. cloudmonster

cloudmonster Rookie

No, as long as nicotine is being sold, she will not be able to work there . . .