Anyone here DIY?

Discussion in 'Mixing/DIY' started by TheBison, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TheBison

TheBison Rookie

I've been dabbling in it for a while now, maybe we can get a discussion going if there are any other DIYs out there.

Also if anyone is interested in starting I'd be happy to lend my (admittedly small amount of) knowledge on the subject. Its easier and more affordable than you might think.

2. Arkel

Arkel Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear your interest in DIY's, I am looking into it possibly to save money.

3. Nico

Nico Administrator
    Staff Member

My everyday vape is a home made custard. I works out so much cheaper than buying, especially if you start sub ohming! It is a bit daunting to start with but once you have a few mixes under your belt you will wonder what you were worrying about. My biggest time saver was switching to mixing by weight rather than volume. Quicker and cleaner than mixing with syringes and pipettes.

4. TheBison

TheBison Rookie

Mixing by weight is definitely something ive been thinking about. When I'm mixing up a huge batch of a flavor for myself and others I share with its not a big deal. At those amounts mixing by volume is easy, and being off by a tiny bit isn't a big deal. Its when I'm mixing 30ml or smaller trial batches that I feel mixing by weight would be so much easier.

5. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Started mixing by weight a few months ago and it has made the whole mixing process a lot easier, especially when scaling up to bigger volumes.

Just make sure you get scales that go to a double decimal place and you'll be fine!

6. TheBison

TheBison Rookie

Any recommended scales? Also do you have a preferred site you use for the weights and calculations?

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator
    Staff Member

I am still vaping the supply I bought, but have already started looking into the different flavor extracts that I will be ordering along with a 80VG/20PG/0Nic base liquid. Besides the various liquids there are a few mixing supplies I will be picking up and hopefully putting together my own eJuice soon.

8. Albert

Albert Rookie

I have DIY e-liquid

9. Jeff

Jeff Moderator
    Staff Member

I am using eJuice Me Up as my mixing calculator and recipe saver. I still use the notebook when I am messing around and trying to get things 'just right'. After that everything is re-entered and saved as a recipe in the program, that way I can go back to it later, adjust the quantity and it does the rest of the calculations.

10. vapebecca

vapebecca Rookie

My favorite mix is Blue label High VG base + avoria ronin aroma. In 30ml bottle goes 20 drops of aroma.