DIY Ejuice Recipes???

Discussion in 'Eliquid Discussion' started by Stillwater, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater Rookie

Hey does anyone out there have any good eliquid recipes for DIY? I'm interested in geting into it and would like some good websites to go for-for supplies such as VG, PG, Nicotine(and which base for nicotine is best to get), flavors, and safety equipment, etc. I have found a few good sites by looking on Youtube and doing searches.... places like Wizard Labs, Capella(expensive!), Flavor West, and ecigexpress. Anyone have suggestions as far as price, quality, and such go? And most of all I'd like some good recipes! I'm looking for a Cherry Cheesecake, Blueberry Pomegranate, fruit, dessert, and other flavors. Anything you know that is already established to be a good flavor and/or vapes good. I generally vape 80/20, 70/30 vg/pg as low as 50/50, but I'm sure the recipes can be tweaked as far as that goes. Any good recipes are appreciated! Thx

2. James442

James442 Rookie

Hi there, Here is one website www.nicotineriver.com/ is good eliquid recipes for DIY. He is a good website to go for supplies such as VG, PG.

3. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

I purchase my base liquid (80VG/20PG/0mgNic) from Vapor Power Supply. I buy it in 1 gal. jugs pre-mixed. Flavoring comes from Vista Vapors. I use eJuice Me Up (it is free) for managing my mixes and keeping my final values and percentages. It is easy enough to use their recipes or save your own in the program.

Up In Vape likes this.
  4. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Do you really save that much money to have it be worth the effort?

5. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

Yes, the saving are substantial compared to purchasing "Name Brands" from your local B&M or online. The trade off is that you will be giving up some of the flavor that you can get instantly with your "Name Brand" purchase. Mixing your own requires you to perfect your eLiquid ratios and mixture ingredients. This is fun to some and for others it is not "worth the effort?". Personally, it is well worth the savings compared to "Name Brand" bottles of eJuice. I mixed what I considered to be a fairly large batch (10/17/2015) and still have 8x50ml and 4x30ml bottles left from the one afternoon of mixing.

I believe that it is the initial lay out of money to get set up with mixing supplies that keeps people in the "hesitant to try" stage. The other factor is that it is too much like work and some people just want to vape and relax. For the people who enjoy the 'hobbyist' side of vaping it is well worth the savings and enjoyment of DIY to mix your own. For the people who just want to vape and relax and do not want to get that involved in the hobby side of things, it is well worth it to buy their eJuice from the local B&M or favorite online vendor.

Everyone is different; reasons for vaping, passion for vaping, style of vaping, etc... There is not a perfect answer to your question. While your question could be answered with a simple "YES or NO", there are a lot of factors to consider when deciding to DIY.

Up In Vape likes this.
  6. Up In Vape

Up In Vape Motivated

Nice explanation!

Jeff likes this.
  7. zephyr

zephyr Administrator
    Staff Member

Gotta say yes. I think I can mix about 30ml for around $1.50. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it in direct from the vendor but I guess I'm not that good because I haven't managed to make one as nice as some of the vendor liquids I've tried :D

8. blowey

blowey Rookie

Not done any mixing yet but looking at this I may have to

9. Jeff

Jeff Fanatic

and I was just looking at a UK shop (no names to protect the greedy) and a 10ml 3mg was £4.99GBP ($7.45 USD). For that little bit of money I could buy 2+shipping of 17ml bottles of eLiquid Flavor Extract. Then with the bottles, needle tips, caps, syringes, nail polish (DIY eJuice Guide), and some pre-mixed base eLiquid (80PG/20PG/0mg) that I bought in a 1 gallon (128 fl oz so 1 fl ox = 29.5735296ml) jug for $40 USD. I could mix 5x30ml bottles for $14.21USD, which is basically 2xStore 10ml bottles.